Text and photos by Sigrid Thorbjørnsen.
- “A word and a stone let go, cannot be recalled” is a Spanish Proverb. But both stones and words can build. Today I took a walk. Nature and humans inspired by Ryvarden’s calm. Walking always inspires me to do better, look for different things, and to love the weather.
- “We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon” ~Konrad Adenauer says to me, as I pass the horizon covered with mountain views of Bømlo.
- There is nothing like a rainbow. It totally makes up for any rain on my path. ©2012 Sigrid Thorbjørnsen.
- “If you are seeking creative ideas, go out walking. Angels whisper to a man when he goes for a walk.” ~Raymond Inmon
- “If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things in nature have a message you understand, Rejoice, for your soul is alive.” ~ Eleanora Duse
- “In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” ~Thomas Jefferson. He was right. This area is full of rock formations. Layers of different stone types. Solid. That is the feel I get. This is what I see.
- There is nothing to it. A cloud hiding the sun, and the landscape changes. The walk changes. The mood changes.
- Poles of fences, fences gone a long time ago. Rust fits in this landscape as an art piece at MoMa. The contrast. The colors. The depth. Inspiration.
- A long and winding road. From the main road to Ryvarden Lighthouse, it is 2 km one way. It is a wonderful walk, full of inspiration and nature, wind and the song from the ocean.
- “Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” ~Albert Camus
- “Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.” ~George Eliot
- “A human life is a story told by God.” ~Hans Christian Andersen. This monument is dedicated to 16 stories told by God, 16 stories that ended when MS Sleipner sank on November 26, 1999.
- Ugly history can make wonderful art.
- I met a mother and a daughter at Ryvarden. The mother loved to just sit, let the eyes wander to the horizon, and stay.
- I made it. I am sitting in front of the lighthouse. I get to see the sunset today. ©2012 Sigrid Thorbjørnsen.
- “Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.” ~ Rabindranath Tagore
- The night arrives. Not yet. But soon. It is true. The quote “If you are seeking creative ideas, go out walking. Angels whisper to a man when he goes for a walk.” ~Raymond Inmon
Search hotels and more...