- Sør-Trøndelag, Finnvær Lighthouse, Frøya (1912–1985)
- Finnvær Lighthouse (Norwegian: Finnvær fyr) is a lighthouse at Finnværet on the island of Valøya, part of the Froan islands in the municipality of Frøya in Sør-Trøndelag county, Norway.
- The lighthouse is located about 40 kilometres (25 mi) northeast of the Sula Lighthouse at Sula, 25 kilometres (16 mi) northeast of Vingleia Lighthouse, and about 18 kilometres (11 mi) southwest of the Halten Lighthouse at Halten.
- In 1985, the lighthouse was automated and the old wooden building was turned into a museum, and a new fiberglass tower was built.
- The occulting light in white, red, and green can be seen for 9.6 nautical miles (17.8 km; 11.0 mi). The lighthouse is powered by solar power.
Other images of Finnvær Lighthouse
- Norsk Fyrhistorisk Forening http://www.fyr.no/fyrene/fyrene-nord/sor-trondelag/468-finnvar-fyrstasjon
- University of North Carolina http://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/lighthouse/nornw.htm
Froan is a populated archipelago in Frøya, Sør-Trøndelag, Norway. The islands lie in the sea about 30 kilometres (19 mi) west of the Fosen peninsula. Froan consists of several hundred islands and islets. The islands run for about 40 kilometres (25 mi) in a northeasterly direction, parallel to the coastline. Halten lies at the northern end of the island chain. Only a few of the islands are inhabited, and in 2001, the population was only 63. The Froan Chapel, built in 1904, is located on the island of Sauøya. The Halten Lighthouse and others are located throughout the islands.
- Frøya is the westernmost part of Sør-Trøndelag county. It is part of the Fosen region and consists of the island of Frøya and several thousand other small islands. The main island of Frøya is connected to neighboring Hitra (and ultimately the mainland of Norway) by the Frøya Tunnel which goes under the Frøyfjorden.
- The municipality of Frøya has many small fishing communities on small islands in the ocean such as Mausundvær, Bogøyvær, and Sula, with Mausund being the largest of these with a population of approximately 270. Other small islands such as Froan and Halten, Sør-Trøndelag lay to the northeast of the island of Frøya. Many of these islands are home to lighthouses such as Halten lighthouse, Finnvær lighthouse, Vingleia lighthouse, Sula lighthouse, and Sletringen lighthouse.
- Tourist Information on Frøya
Address: Servicebrygga, 7260 Sistranda
Phone: +47 7246 4040