- Ryvarden Lighthouse is situated in Mølstrevåg at Sveio north of Haugesund in Rogaland county southwest in Norway. The lighthouse is located between the harsh open Sletta sea to the south and Bømlafjorden to the north.
- Today was a day with all kinds of weather. One second it is pouring rain, then blue sky.
- The little haven for boats is not in use, at least not today. The weather is nice and the wind is brisk. During stronger winds, the waves splash over this area.
- Ryvarden has been a navigation mark for over a thousand years, since 869 to be exact. ©2012 Sigrid Thorbjørnsen.
- Weather changes very fast in this area. Heavy clouds are drifting in, bringing rain, thunder, and lightning.
- Ignoring the weather, Ruth Kirsti Storesund and Marie Solberg are executing their weekly walking day, today they came to Ryvarden Lighthouse. Marie is into bird watching, and loves to walk every Wednesday. Both Marie and Ruth Kirsti used to live at Utsira and are used to all kinds of weather. Rain does not bother them at all.
- The sun is still here while rain is on its way.
- Indoors. The rain was too much. It was not just a drizzle, but buckets over Ryvarden.
- The minute the sun came out, the rainbow also appeared. The combination of rain and sun is a wonderful phenomenon of nature.
- By the look of it the sun is on its way out. But no, not today. More rain.
- I am enjoying the wind and the view, but I can see in the horizon what is coming.
- Trying to hide a little, see if I can find some protection from the coming rain.
- Just me and the lighthouse. No small boats, no large ships. Just me, the lighthouse, and autumn weather.
- Like a veil, the rain is closing up on me and the lighthouse.
- Trying my best to not drown my camera … not easy at all.
- The lighthouse settlement is nearby. If the weather gets any worse, I have a place to seek shelter. The power went out for short periods a couple of times today.
- The rain passed. Night is coming. Still, a place to view, let thoughts fly, and just relax is available. A turbulent day of weather, and yet so beautiful. With rubber boots, rainproof pants, and jacket you’re ready for all sorts of autumn storms.
Search hotels and more...