Kvitsøy – Fjøløy – Tungenes
These three Rogaland lighthouses make the passage through the Kvitsøyfjord significantly safer.
- Kvitsøy is the oldest, having been set up in 1700.
- Next came Tungenes in 1828.
- Fjøløy came later, in 1849.
- This octagonal stone tower light was automated in 1969 and has been a protected building since 1998.
- LighthousesofNorway.com has an article with details about Kvitsøy lighthouse, it’s history, and how to visit it.
Kvitsøy Lighthouse, aiding sailors since 1700
- Located directly across the Kvitsøyfjord from Tungenes. The island is accessible from Stavanger by car via the Bufjord tunnel.
- LighthousesofNorway.com has an article with details about Fjøløy.
- Located at the northern tip of the Jæren coast and a relatively short drive from Stavanger, Tungenes is a popular tourist destination.
- LighthousesofNorway.com has an article with details about Tungenes.
- Also of interest: Tungenes is the northernmost lighthouse of the Jæren coast, one of Norway’s most inviting summer destinations for it’s beautiful beaches – and its five lighthouses
Lighthouses of the Jæren Coast
Search hotels and more...